December 25, 2011

Remembering Carlos Castañeda

Carlos Castañeda was born 25 December 1925 and passed 27 April 1998.  Although an anthropologist, he is particularly noted as an author. In 1968 his published The Teachings of Don Juan: A Yaqui Way of Knowledge. Certainly, Carlos Castañeda was an important author in the late 1960's and early 1970's.  His work helped expand the ideas of Native American Shamanism (Yaqui) and Toltec wisdom.  I read his book when it first came out and found it both confusing and enlightening. I was still a teenager and the book was beyond my comprehension.  However, it did expand my understanding of alternative beliefs and practices and is thus provided an important step along my path in Druidism.  Today, on the 86th anniversary of his birth, I remember Carlos Castañeda and give thanks to him as an Ancestor.


Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: